It's never taxing to join Joyce for the Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. Speaking of April 15th...what's the most 'taxing' thing you've done recently?
Well, our taxes were fairly taxing this year, since 2014 was the first full year my man was retired and we had two kids in college. And work was especially taxing one day last week and I ended up working 18 hours one day.
2. When did you last take a taxi somewhere and where was that somewhere?
That would have been last June in Atlanta, going from the ICRS conference hotel to the Christy Awards, and I shared a taxi with author Brandilyn Collins. Such fun!
3. What's something you can do today that you couldn't do a year ago?
Say that I've had an appendectomy twice.
4. How often is chicken (in some form or fashion) on your menu at home? Which of the following would you most like to see on your table tonight...a chicken salad sandwich, your mom's fried chicken, a Chick-fil-A meal, Cracker Barrel's chicken n' dumplings, a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings, or 'hold the chicken, I'm a vegetarian'...?
Probably 40% of the time. Although it's kinda hard to measure because with my work schedule I cook so much less than I used to. And I would love to have my mom's fried chicken again. We had that every Sunday for lunch when I was growing up.
5. What was your favorite television program when you were a kid? What characters do you remember the most?
"The Brady Bunch" was my absolute favorite. I remember all the characters but identified most with Cindy since she was the youngest. Alice always made me laugh.
6. What was the last piece of 'art' you made?
I try to avoid art at any cost. That is so not my cup of mocha! LOL A couple of years ago I went with some friends to Painting with a Twist. I think my picture ended up either in the trash or at Goodwill.
7. What frustrates you most about the Internet?
The spammers and people who are out to misuse it, causing the rest of us to have to be so careful.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I do love spring but I will be so glad when we are done with the oak tree dump. First it was the leaves, then the yellow pollen, and now the brown wormy "flowers" are carpeting the driveway and vehicles. What a mess!
View blog reactions