Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge


I'm popping in to join Joyce for the Wednesday Hodgepodge this week!

1. When is your next big deadline? What's it for?

In one sense of the word, I don't really have deadlines. My work doesn't involve projects with specific dates. On the other hand, every day has multiple deadlines, such as when I admit new patients and have to put their orders into the system so our (off-site) pharmacy can supply their medications and so the nurses and aides have the information they need.

2. May is National Barbecue Month. Do you prefer cooking indoors or out? What's the best thing about a barbecue? What's the last thing you cooked on an outdoor grill?

I love grilling outside; it tastes great and there is less to clean up. The most recent thing I fixed was steaks. Our grocery store has some fabulous mesquite-smoked, bacon-wrapped filets.

3. What is one thing on your "never again" list?

Roller coasters.

4. What's something that annoys you about people your own age? Something you love about your generation?

Drawing a blank on this one. Can't think of any sweeping generalizations.

5. Lilac, iris, hyacinth, pansy...your favorite purple flower?

Pansy. I love its deep hue.

6. Whats a song that always calms you down?

If I had to choose one particular song, it would probably be "Great is Thy Faithfulness." Overall, I would simply say hymns. I have a couple of CDs of piano hymns that I play during difficult times or when I'm sick, and they always soothe me.

7. What's the last thing you donated?

Probably clothes to Salvation Army.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm loving having my kids home for a couple of weeks before they head out of state to their summer jobs!




Photobucket

View blog reactions

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Another vote for No More Roller Coasters!

Bobbi said...

Enjoy your kiddos! Happy Hodgepodge!!

Wendy said...

Have a good time with your kids - just no rollercoasters! ;)