Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Cool Kids Do the Hodgepodge!


I''m chilling out this week with Joyce and the Wednesday Hodgepodge!



1. Is your home air conditioned? If it's not air conditioned, is that by choice? Did you grow up with air conditioning? If not how did you cope with the heat? Share about a time or place you remember as being too hot-the temperature kind of hot, lest anyone be confused.

You bet it's air-conditioned! This is Texas! And I grew up with a/c, but that was in the Dark Ages before central air. We had a window unit in the living room, which meant it was freezing in there and so-so in the rest of the house. I think I was in third-grade when we got a/c in the schools. The then-60(ish)-year-old dorms at The University of Texas thirty-five years ago were not air-conditioned, but with big windows and fans, it was only difficult the first month of school. After that, it was fine. Now, I hear that they have air-conditioned those historic old dorms. Kids today are such wimps. LOL

I have been really hot a number of times, but I can't recall specifics at the moment. I don't perspire, so my face just turns extremely red, plus I get a migraine out in the heat. Even guzzling plenty of fluids doesn't prevent me from overheating like a hissing radiator, although I've never had a medical emergency from it.

2. What's something in your life right now that falls under the heading 'up in the air'?

Well, we're not quite there, but my son's about to be faced with a decision about employment after college.

3. Your favorite light and airy dessert?

Whipped cream on you-name-it. The real thing, that you whip yourself, not squirt out of a can or scoop from a frozen container.

4. When did you last feel like you were 'floating on air'?

When we went on vacation a few weeks ago. And since we flew, I guess I really was!

5. Airport, airmail, airtight, airhead...which have you most recently encountered? Explain.

Airport. On our vacation to Seattle the end of June.

6. Have you ever been to the Alps? If so where did you go? If not, is this a destination on your must-see list? If you were headed that direction this summer, which of the following would be your preferred activity...a gentle walk, a serious walk, a bike ride, a boat ride around one of the lakes, or summer snow skiing?

Never been. I'd like to go, but it's not a burning quest. I love boat rides on the lake.

7. What is one saying or phrase that was considered 'cool' when you were growing up?

In high school, we did everything "to the max!"

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Speaking of being lighter than air. . . .!







Photobucket

View blog reactions

No comments: