Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Winner! Plus, Some Odds & Ends

I was so touched by your comments about being in the Sandwich Generation as well as the emails some of you sent. This is definitely an issue that strikes a chord with many of us. I would love to give each of you a hug and a copy of the book!

But I only have one copy to give. So congratulations to Kelli, whose name was picked in the drawing! Kelli, please email me your address and I'll get it in the mail to you right away.

And just in case there are any CPA/Auditor types reading this: please note that I folded all names into the same size, placed them in the bowl, closed my eyes, prayed while I stirred them, and pulled one out! Whew! I'm just glad I wasn't an Old Testament priest in charge of the Urim and Thummim!

I'll be having some more book giveaways in the days to come, so hopefully it will get easier. This is an area where I need to toughen up and ignore my empathetic nature!


I would like to say hello and welcome to any of you who have stopped by my blog thanks to CWO's recognition in their April issue. I'm still getting my jaw off the floor. For a brief moment, I thought it might have been an April Fool's joke! Seriously, if you do not visit that site regularly, especially their Internet Cafe for a daily devotional, you are missing a blessing.


The Ladies Bible Study at my church has just a couple more weeks left on our whirlwind overview of the entire Bible. We've called it The Big Picture, and while there are some chapters here and there in some of the prophets, I & II Chronicles, and the gospels to read during the summer, by mid-April we will have pretty much covered the entire Bible in chronological order this school year.

Today's lecture was on James, I & II Peter, I, II, III John, and Jude. Shoulda worn the steel-toed shoes for this one, as quite a few convicting messages are found in those books regarding holy living. However, not to be prideful or anything, I did discover that I recently have been applying the major theme of III John. In spades!

That would be offering hospitality and a place to stay to traveling missionaries. And it didn't say a word about Scrabble. Or letting the missionary win.

Just so you know.

If you need me, I'll be reviewing the verses in I Peter 5 on humility now. . . .


Photobucket

View blog reactions

2 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Congratulations to Kelli! What a wonderful Bible Study this must have been! Alot to chew on! Oh I love that! What wonderful discussions you must have had!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay, I won!!! Can't wait to read this book.

Kelli