Friday, October 31, 2008

Shine!

I'm sure you've heard this before, but I've always liked it:

A woman was asked by a co-worker, "What is it like to be a Christian?" She replied,

"It is like being a pumpkin. God picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. Then he cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff. He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc., and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see."


You are the light of the world. . . Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16


Photobucket

View blog reactions

12 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

I like that! Thanks Linda!

Kim said...

What a sweet post! Thanks for this today....

Rhonda said...

I have heard that before, but, it's good to hear again.

JulieM said...

Cool! I had never read that before, and think it will help at our church's Fall Festival tonight, especially with the children! What an easy way to explain salvation to everyone! Thanks for posting it for us.

bp said...

I always love this little story!

Have a nice weekend.

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

love this! I am definately a pumpkin.

Joan said...

Just wanted to pop over and tell you my chicken taco chili recipe I make in the crockpot all day.

Anonymous said...

bOo!

Hi...just stopping in to let you know that I enjoy your blog!

Have a happy and safe week-end!

Melissa Lea said...

That is a very great post! Thanks for sharing it! have a blessed weekend!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Nice twist on Halloween...I still like your other story though! LOL!

Xandra

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I do remember hearing that one before, but it's always a good reminder. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

PinkGirl came home with this story this week. I LOVE her 2nd grade teacher! In a Christian school where, more often than not, Halloween is about evil instead of costumes and candy, this teacher is GREAT.