Wednesday, July 3, 2013

O Say Can You See the Hodgepodge?


1. What's one simple small pleasure on your summer 'to-do' list?

My birthday.

2. Do you have strong feelings or opinions regarding the immigration debate in your home country? Feel free to share your thoughts, but please play nice.

I live in Texas. I have strong feelings about almost everything!

3. What's something in your home or wardrobe that could be described as 'star spangled'?

That would be our flag. Other than that, there's nada. I'm not big on patriotic clothes. I have one pair of star earrings and that's it.

4. Is your house set up for a party?

Do you mean, are we ready to have one now? No. Do you mean is the layout conducive for a party? Yes, we've got lots of public space and it flows well.

5. What one never-before-visited city in America, would you most like to see?

Well, I was there once for less than 24 hours for a conference, but it was airport-hotel-airport so it doesn't count, so I'm going to say New York City. I'd love to go to a show on Broadway and do the whole shopping thing. With an unlimited budget, of course!

6. Your favorite red food? White food? Blue food?

Red - strawberries
White - whipped cream
Blue - I pretty much throw out any food that turns blue.

(I don't know what it is, but when I sit down to answer these questions, I feel like Jill Boyd's looking over my shoulder and I get snarky!)

7. What freedom do you value the most, and why?

The freedom we have in Christ! If the Son sets you free, you shall be free indeed! (John 8:36)



I'll sing it out with every breath, I'll let the whole world hear it
This hallelujah anthem of the free
That iron bars and heavy chains can never hold us captive
The Son has made us free and free indeed!

Let freedom ring down through the ages from a hill called Calvary
Let freedom ring wherever hearts know pain
Let freedom echo through the lonely streets where prisons have no key
You can be free and you can sing, let freedom ring!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

June always seems like such a leisurely month but once July hits, it seems like summer picks up speed and zips by.



Photobucket

View blog reactions

4 comments:

Jill said...

Well I'm glad someone appreciates snark! : ) Your blue food answer made me laugh. Wish I'd thought of that one!

Nani said...

Happy birthday fellow wonderful child of summer! :D

I liked the blue food answer too!

Cathy said...

I want to go to New York some day and see a Broadway play...maybe Wicked!

Nonnie said...

Haha! That's funny. I've had food that turned green, but that doesn't work with the question here, does it?
I love, love your answer to number 7! That is the absolutely only correct answer to the question!!
We have visited NYC several times. There is so much to do there.
I'm in Texas, too. Happy Birthday.