Monday, December 22, 2008

A Bloggy Christmas Gift!

I got a little bloggy Christmas present the other day - an award! Kim over at Scattered Stones told me:


As you can see, it has such a cute button that goes with it and just two easy rules:

  1. Pass it on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
  2. List 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
Well, I don't know if I can come up with 5, but here are my admitted addictions:

  1. Sweet tea - preferably from Chick-fil-A, although Rudy's BBQ and Jason's Deli make it mighty good too!
  2. Reading - I'm sure that's a shock to you! But really, I don't sit around all day with my nose in a book. I just read fast and take a book with me wherever I might need to wait.
  3. Blogging - and that is all YOUR fault! I have been amazed what a blast this is!
  4. Mocha - another big surprise, right? But I pretty much have to have some chocolate in my coffee! It cuts the bitterness. At home, I usually pour a dab of chocolate milk in, which is the perfect touch. This morning we were out of it, however, and it tasted pretty stark with out it!
  5. Hymns - while I love me some Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, and other contemporary music, when I'm troubled, sad, or sick, nothing ministers to me like the dear old hymns. And popping in my earphones and listening to hymns on a piano can soothe just about anything!
Now for the hard part - I could pass this on to any of you, for reading your blogs makes me smile, gives me a lift, and encourages me every day. For purposes of passing this award along, however, I choose these:

  1. Gayle - Her enthusiasm and friendliness jump right off the page.
  2. Amy Beth - I'm going to pretend I'm not old enough to be her mother! She's a doll, and I love her blog: stark, heartfelt honesty juxtaposed with hilarity.
  3. Xandra - Heartwarming and genuine. And makes me hungry for her Christmas baking!
  4. Lid Linda - She can make the most mundane non-event riveting to read.
  5. Natalie - I love what she writes, and her pictures are stunning. I'm so glad Lisa "introduced" us!
Thanks, Kim!

Photobucket

View blog reactions

7 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

You are so sweet! Glad to see that I give you a "lifet"...thanks for the "awrd".

You know I love you more than my luggage....

Xandra

A Stone Gatherer said...

Your very welcome! You are very worth it!!!

Mel said...

Oh i so love your list!!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

U R Sweet.

Natalie said...

What a fun award, Linda! I'm so thankful for a chance to spread the fabulousness! Have a very merry Christmas, my friend!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Awwww, Linda, you are so very sweet! I hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas friend. I'm just glad I took a small break from my computer hiatus to see this! :)

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

Thank you SO much -- so sweet!