Saturday, December 13, 2008

TSMSS - A Christmas Duet

Christmas is a time of joy. Yet, depending on one's circumstances, it isn't always a time of happiness. This season has been a bit of a frustrating struggle for me. Dealing with my mom's death. My broken foot, which has immobilized me much more than I would like and has been a bit painful at times, both from the break and from compensating with the other leg. I could list other things that are relatively insignificant by themselves, but when added all together, they've been a bit overwhelming.

The other day I heard this song, and while I remember hearing it last year and thinking it was pretty, it really ministered to me this year. Matthew West and Mandisa team up in a great duet. The final verse and the chorus remind me that the very message of Christmas is that God gives peace in the midst of difficult circumstances! There wasn't much choice on the video available, and while it's okay, I suggest just closing your eyes and listening.



I think of Mary and the virgin birth
And I’m amazed at how much God thinks we’re worth
That He would send His only Son to die
And sometimes Christmas makes me cry

Tears of thankfulness, tears of hope
I cry tears of joy at Christmas cause I know
There is peace on earth for every heart to find
And sometimes Christmas makes me cry

Find more songs to bless your weekend at Amy's!

Photobucket

View blog reactions

11 comments:

lambofHisflock said...

Thank you. I had never heard this song before. Very sweet and touching.

Peggy said...

Blessings Linda...I'm sorry that your heart is heavy but I totally understand your heart. This is very touching! I love both these artists but have never heard this song! Thanks for sharing such a deep & meaningful TSMSS! Tears of HOPE & JOY, and PEACE in your heart while you hold on & enjoy CHRISTmas! Have a happy TSMSS! Look for cheer no more tears! But it's good for them to fall also & you are entitled.

Jennifer said...

I love this song! I've heard it several times this holiday season plus, I love Mandisa!!!

I am sorry for the heaviness of your heart this holiday, but will pray for joy and a speedy recovery.

Happy TSMSS and have a great weekend!

Bless you!

sara said...

I loved this song, thank you. I had just told my husband, that after almost losing my aunt, my perspective this year has changed. Praying for you this Christmas, friend.

btw, when I got home last night from Dallas, I had received my book! Thank you for that giveaway!

Karen said...

Oh...that is beautiful! I had never heard it before. Tears of joy are such a blessing. Thank you so much for sharing.

Debra Kaye said...

I had never heard this song before but I can so relate to its message. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Hugs to you during this season too.

Cathy said...

That is a very pretty song. I'm sorry about your foot, Linda. Not a good thing to have happen especially at this time of year, is it. Wishing you a blessed Christmas ~

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I've never heard this song, but I am headed over to iTunes to get it. Thanks for sharing...

Xandra

Lisa Cobler said...

I've never heard this before. It's beautiful. I'm sorry your heart is heavy. Sending a big hug to you.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

What a trying year you have had. I'm so sorry for the heaviness this holiday brings without your mother, especially. Love you, friend.

Anonymous said...

Yes Linda, that is a very dear song.....I can see why it would touch, and comfort your heavy heart.
Tears of Joy.......