Thursday, June 3, 2010

Flashback Friday Prompt #11



It was such fun reading your summer memories last week! It's funny how universal some of our experiences were--and then how uniquely different others were! For this week's prompt, we'll think about our families.
Do you have siblings? (If not, keep reading - I'll get to you.) How many and are they boys or girls? Where do you fall in the birth order? How did you view your "spot" in the family compared with the others? If you are the oldest, did you resent the things the youngest got to do that you didn't? If the youngest, what did you want to do like the older ones? And if you are more of a middle child, how did that impact you? How do you think your birth order shaped your personality? Did you and your siblings like each other growing up or did you fight all the time? Are you close now? Or at least friends with each other?! What memories stand out about you and your siblings?

If you are an only child, how did you like that? Were you glad to have all the attention or did you want to have a brother or sister? What advantages were there to being an only child? What disadvantages? Which side of the fence is greener?!

For everyone, did your sibling experiences (or lack thereof!) affect your decision to have kids or to have a certain number?

Post your answers tomorrow on your blog and come back here to link up!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

2 comments:

Teresa Dawm said...

Lol! I JUST finished writing a blog post about my brother... (It's his birthday today), so I guess I'll do two in a row. This time though, I'll include more text and maybe add my sister into the post. Actually, I love this topic haha!

Jim said...

I write about my sister, Lois, a lot. One more time here won't be the last I am sure.
..