Thursday, June 17, 2010

Flashback Friday Prompt

Before I get to the prompt, I have to share a couple of really funny things I've heard in the past couple of days.

Tuesday on my way to the dentist, I heard a mom call in to KLOVE to share a story. She has a 2-year-old daughter, and for her birthday party, they had a Winnie the Pooh pinata. The little girl was so excited when they hung it; she just loved it.

Until the time came to "open" the pinata. When they started taking turns hitting at Pooh with a stick, the shocked and appalled little girl said most emphatically, "NOT NICE!!"

LOL Nothing like a little trauma at your own birthday party! I can just imagine her thinking, "They tell me not to hit and then they pound on Pooh!"

Then yesterday, I was walking down a sidewalk and passed several 20-something gals who were probably on their way to lunch. Apparently one of them is experiencing being a mom for the first time. Just as they got within earshot, I heard her tell the others, "I dreamed she pooped mashed potatoes!" There were gales of laughter from the others.



We've talked about families, so it seems only natural that we should talk about the friends we had when we were growing up!
Who was your first friend? Did you have lots of friends when you were growing up or just one or two close friends? Share memories from your childhood friends. For women, were "mean girls" an issue when you were growing up? Or were you a "mean girl"?! How did your friends shape who you are today, for good or not-so-good? Do you still keep up with your childhood friends today?
Post your answers on your blog tomorrow and come back here to link up!

And be sure to check out my Super Sweet Summer Giveaway celebrating my 1000th post!



Photobucket

View blog reactions

5 comments:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I'm cracking up over that 2 year old! Honestly, those pinatas really are kinda sadistic!! LOL!

Cathy said...

Such funny stories and tomorrows post sounds like fun. I'm already planning mine. Thanks for doing this meme.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

loved the stories...your prize is coming...just cannot seem to get to the post office....catch up after vacation is always a struggle....just wanted you to know I had not forgotten you;...

bp said...

See ya tomorrow! I am glad I have a few days to enter your giveaway! I need to do that still.

RA said...

You've got to love a child's pure heart. We have so much to learn from them. Have a wonderful weekend, Linda.