Saturday, June 12, 2010

TSMSS - Heaven Came Down & Glory Filled My Soul


A magnificent choir in a grand cathedral could not give this wonderful old hymn any more meaning than this family's time of singing. As I watch them sing, I can't help but think of this verse:
After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. (Revelation 7:9)


HEAVEN CAME DOWN
by John W. Peterson

O what a wonderful, wonderful day
Day I will never forget
After I wandered in darkness away
Jesus my Savior I met
O what a tender, compassionate Friend
He met the need of my heart
Shadows dispelling, with joy I am telling
He made all the darkness depart

Heaven came down and glory filled my soul
When at the cross the Savior made me whole
My sins were washed away
And my night was turned to day
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul


Born of the spirit with life from above
Into God's family divine
Justified fully through Calvary's love
O what a standing is mine!
And the transaction so quickly was made
When as I a sinner I came
Took of the offer of grace he did proffer
He saved me, O praise His dear name!

Now I've a hope that will surely endure
After the passing of time
I have a future in heaven for sure
There in those mansions sublime
And it's because of that wonderful day
When at the cross I believed
Riches eternal and blessings supernal
From His precious hand I received.

You'll find more music at Amy's!

Photobucket

View blog reactions

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to start my day. Thank you for sharing this joyful video.

Lisa notes... said...

Brings back old memories! I haven't sung this song in awhile. I can't help but love the singers, too. :-)

Bits-n-Pieces said...

oh my goodness! I just referenced this very song in my post yesterday, about my daddy...and how I can't sing this song w/o hearing his bass voice in my ear (we use to sing as a family in church when I was young).
Love this song!! Thank you for sharing it!

Debbie Petras said...

Linda, I'm so glad you posted this one. I haven't sung that song in years and I loved it. You're so right about the reference to the Revelation passage. Heaven will be filled with people from every tribe and nation. How wonderful it will be to worship together. I loved this video of this family singing together. They looked like they had such joy!

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Debra Kaye said...

Linda,

You could not have stated it any better...every tribe, every tongue, every nation! Glory to Jesus!

I loved it....Blessings to you!!

Michelle said...

I haven't heard this song in a long time. Great choice!!

Cathy said...

That was precious, Linda, thanks for sharing it.

sanjeet said...

Thank you for sharing this joyful video.
PPC Advertising India

Cathy said...

I love this song and they look so happy. Thanks for sharing.