Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wedensday Hodgepodge!



1. What is the most useful book in your house?

Well, of course that would would be the Bible!
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16)

2. What's worse-being too hot or too cold?

I am probably the only one who will say this, but being too cold is the worse. Being cold just absolutely makes my body shut down and makes me drowsy and want to hibernate and I eventually physically feel bad. Being hot is not pleasant but I can tolerate it better. As long as I'm indoors and not in the sun, which would give me a migraine.

3. Share something that made you smile this past weekend.

Not getting up early on Saturday morning. Going to church and lunch afterward with my family on Sunday.

4. How do you like your hamburgers? Or don't you?

Well-done. With white cheese (provolone, Swiss, jack, etc.) and bacon. Lettuce and tomato and a bit of purple onion. And mayo. Oh, and a toasted bun.

5. What's your summer beach read? If it's not summer in your part of the world then tell us what book you're reading in front of the fire while sipping hot cocoa.

This question made me laugh because it is in the singular tense, beach read. If you read my blog, you know what books I'm reading!

6. How was your birthday celebrated when you were a kid?

I got to choose what we had for dinner. There was always my mom's homemade chocolate cake. Family presents. I had one party, when I turned five. A few years I remember we went to Kip's Big Boy restaurant because I got a free birthday hamburger and then to Baskin Robbins for my free ice cream cone. Those were HUGE treats because we never went out to eat.

7. What's something that is totally uncool that you love anyway?

I am completely drawing a blank on this one. I'm sure there are things. My girl informed me a few weeks ago that another woman in our church is a "cool mom." She had no animosity in her voice, just stating a fact, as in, "she is, you're not." Sorry. That's the difference in having babies when you're 22 (cool mom) and 34 (me).

I guess I would have to say old songs, like from the 40's and older. When I was growing up the "totally uncool" thing I loved was the Lawrence Welk show. I loved all those old songs. (I did NOT like all the singers. Just some of the younger ones in their 20's!)

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Just in case I haven't mentioned it a time or 15, I'm going to Atlanta on Saturday?! Monday night I'll be at the Christy Awards!!



Photobucket

View blog reactions

7 comments:

Joyce said...

I used to watch Lawrence Welk with my parents...I loved the dresses : )

Have a wonderful time at the awards event!

Cathy said...

I liked Lawrence Welk too. Sounds like a nice quiet weekend. Just the kind I like and actually kinda what I enjoyed this weekend too. Got a lot of reading done.

I love all your book reviews. I find out about so many interesting books through you.

Have a great day!

sara said...

I loved going to Kip's Big Boy as a kid....loved their malted milk shakes!

I know you are excited for your trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Amiee said...

I love sleeping in!

Have fun on your trip :)

Zoanna said...

Kip's Big Boy. Now that's a memory! Have a fun time in Atlanta!

Word verif: minap. It's now time for minap. See ya!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

You are not the only one who answered #2 with too cold. I'm with you on that. I remember wishing for hot flashes ... thinking that it would counteract my "cold nature" so that maybe I'd feel just right. I never got hot flashes! I was robbed! ha!

annies home said...

we do the same meal thing with our kids on their birthday boy been a long time since I thought about the big boy restraunts come see my answers at http://shopannies.blogspot.com