Friday, July 22, 2011

The Agony of De-Feet

I mentioned yesterday that my girl has been at a a state choir camp at a small private university in Houston this week while my boy and I were at Texas A&M for his New Student Conference. The camp was excellent and she wanted to find out more about the school as a possibility for college.

So I made the appointments and yesterday afternoon we met with an admissions counselor. And then, of course, they gave us The Tour.

How is it that I ended up walking around another college campus when my feet and legs were still in full protest mode after the previous two days at A&M?!

Fortunately, this was a much smaller campus and the counselor just pointed out a couple of buildings rather than taking us to them.

Still.

Aleve is my new best friend. I actually look forward to the drive back home later today. If you see me at the grocery store tomorrow, I'll be the one leaning on my cart for support.


Photobucket

View blog reactions

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Sounds like you've had a very full week.

Skoots1moM said...

i know that when i'm on my feet a lot, if i don't have on my tennis shoes with laces, my feet/ankles swell. hope you make it thru the grocery store

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Nothing hurts worse than hurting feet and legs. I am telling you. I teach and stand all day....have learned to wear shoes for comfort not for looks. It has made a world of differnce.

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Do I need to send you a walker with a built in seat?

Xandra