Thursday, July 21, 2011

Catching My Breath

Whew! These past few days have been a whirlwind! I walked into the house from my trip to Atlanta Saturday evening, unpacked, did a quick load of laundry, repacked, went to bed, got up and went to church, then packed the car and left with my kids for Houston. My girl had to be at a state choir camp first thing Monday morning. It's a day camp and other than that first morning, my MIL has been taking her and picking her up because my boy and I headed to his New Student Conference (NSC) at Texas A&M Monday afternoon.

Can I just say that somehow, the university missed the concept that NEW STUDENT generally means young and energetic and therefore requiring OPA (Old Parent Attendance) at the NSC is counterproductive?

It has been in the vicinity of 30 years since I last traipsed back and forth across a college campus. And slept on a dorm bed.

I ache.

But it was a great couple of days. We attended the same NSC as my boy's cousin, and their older cousin, who will be a Senior, came to help them navigate through the confusion of setting up their schedules and finding courses that weren't already filled to capacity.

And this mom, who grew up in a multigenerational family of burnt-orangeblooded Texas Longhorns, bought an Aggie Mom t-shirt.

We must surely be in the Last Days.


(I promise that I am going to post interviews and giveaways from my Atlanta trip. Soon, I hope.)


Photobucket

View blog reactions

2 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Can't wait to hear all about the Atlanta trip. Glad you are home.

Skoots1moM said...

hahah, we have a friend who is now dating an Aggie senior...he's so nice...they grow good there too! but i understand your 'loyalty' pain.
congrats on surviving your weekend @ college...it's definitely for the young, huh?