It's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge once again. You know the drill. Read, comment, do it on your blog, and link up at Joyce's blog. And have fun, of course!
1. When were you last 'on a mountaintop'? You may answer in the literal or figurative sense.
Just last summer when I was in Germany. I was on a mountain - inside it, anyway! - in Germany!
2. Do you establish and maintain a strict budget in your household? What is one piece of financial advice you would offer someone just starting out on their own?
Not super strict. Advice: Be diligent about setting aside money to tithe and save before setting aside money to spend.
3. Cherries-yay or nay? Cherry pie, cherry cola, black forest cake, or a scoop of Ben and Jerry's Cherries Garcia...pick one.
Love cherry pie and cherry cobbler. And cherry limemade from Sonic. Cherry coke is so-so. The rest of it, I'll pass.
4. Should you ever discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?
I don't like to make blanket statements, such as "never" or "ever" or "always." As a rule, though, I think you have to tread carefully. And I don't care for the term "religion" either (no offense to Joyce). I do think discussing beliefs and evangelizing is often more effective one-on-one when there is a relationship. But if the Holy Spirit leads you to have a conversation with a stranger, I suggest that you do it!
5. When you take a road trip do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger? Where were you headed on your last road trip?
If my man's along, I prefer that he drive. I'm not crazy about driving when he's in the car and I don't like driving his Tahoe. But if I'm going somewhere with a friend, I generally prefer to take my car and be the one driving. Our last road trip was to Houston for my brother's graveside service.
6. If we peeked inside your closet, what color would we say is most prevalent?
Probably purple or blue.
7. Who's your favorite senior citizen and why are they special?
My mother-in-law. Because she's a wonderful Christian lady, she loves me, and she raised an awesome son.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My girl has an appointment to take her driving test and get her driver's license today. And of course, we're supposed to have thunderstorms this afternoon for the first time in I-don't-know-how-long! Guess I should remind her how to work the windshield wipers. LOL
View blog reactions