Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.

A year and a half ago when we were in Galveston. Happy.

2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?

My family's voices. (Those are three but I'll clump them as one.) A baby's laugh. Piano music.

I was so exhausted last night after my 12-hour hospital shift that I completely misread that. I obviously thought it said three sounds I love to hear! LOL Let's try again:

Fingernails on a chalkboard. Squealing tires. Angry voices yelling.

3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?

Try it on in the store.

4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?

I'm not wild about them but I do occasionally enjoy them out of the shell. I never cook or bake with them.

5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?

I don't remember.

6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?

No, unless it was for school as a kid, but I don't ever recall doing so.

7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?

Spring Break!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm doing some clinical hours in the hospital for a nursing refresher course - several 12 hour shifts. Ay-yi-yi; I am not 23 any more!




Photobucket

View blog reactions

5 comments:

April said...

I didn't realize you were a nurse! You know, I've given thought to going into nursing. I have a Master's degree in speech pathology, but I've been out of the field for 21 years. Nursing has always been a calling of mine, but I don't know if I could handle the coursework...or the long hours.

Joyce said...

A friend of mine just redid her certification and she had similar thoughts : ) Good luck with the process!

I was smiling as I read your first answer. I thought, wow-her family must be in the dog house today. I'm glad that wasn't the case!

bp said...

Your #2 made me laugh, those are quite different sounds!! HOpe all goes well with your nursing refresher course!

LynnMarie said...

Sometimes I misread the questions as well and I'm surprised by own answers once I figure out what the question was asking!! It's good for a laugh. Same with the auto correct, good for a laugh at time. Sorry you are working 12 hour shifts, that would do me in for sure....

Debbie Phillips said...

LOL to #2. I, too, was suprised at first when I read #2's answers. Then I wondered why you crossed them out but left them there... then I read on. LOL Yeah, I always like to leave a post, if I can, and come back and read it at another time before I actually post it to my blog. Even after I post things I usually find something I have to go in and edit because of an error.

Good luck with your refresher course and the long hours.