Monday, May 20, 2013

Senior Sunday Song - for All of Us!

Yesterday was Senior Sunday at our church. . .and I think at every other church that I've heard about! LOL It's always a fun time to recognize and celebrate the graduating high school seniors. This year was a bit more poignant for me since my girl is one of the seniors! But I managed to just soak in and enjoy the special things they had planned for the seniors and their families during the breakfast, the Bible Study hour, and during the recognition in the worship service, and I didn't shed a tear!

One of the highly anticipated parts of this celebration is the video that our Youth Pastor puts together utilizing four or five pictures of each senior that the families have submitted. It's always fun to see the pictures of each of the kids as babies and throughout the years. And the big mystery is "what song will he use?" Some years, it has been an obvious choice - and a tear jerker! - such as the year Mark Harris had released Find Your Wings. I had even asked the Youth Pastor about it a couple of weeks ago, and he wasn't sure at that time what song he would use. Well, he found the perfect song, and I've posted it below. Not the video of our kids; I'm not putting that on the web, but you can mentally substitute pictures of your own kids or the teens in your church as you listen. Or just take this song for your own. It fits whether we are 18 or 48. I love Casting Crowns, and this is such a powerful reminder that God already knows our tomorrows!



When I'm lost in the mystery
To You my future is a memory

‘Cause You're already there
You're already there
Standing at the end of my life
Waiting on the other side
And You're already there
You're already there

Knowing that He's already there makes it so much easier to deal with my girl graduating and heading off to college!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

No comments: