Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Welcome to another week of the Hodgepodge! I always enjoy this mid-week energy boost! Thanks, Joyce

1. It's National Bike Week...do you own a bicycle? When did you last ride a bike?

I think my bicycle is still in the garage, but I haven't ridden since my kids were in elementary school.

2. What's something you learned in school that wasn't part of the curriculum?

That the "rich and beautiful" are often favored over the others.

3. What's a food you've never tried, but want to try? What's a food you've tried and will never try again?

I'm not particularly adventurous with foods, so I can't think of one I'm wanting to try. I've tasted both rattlesnake and alligator and I will be perfectly happy never to have them again. I also don't like venison.

4. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Why? Do you think that's a good trend?

A bit less, just because this has been such an emotionally draining spring due to my brother's sudden death, my sister's Alzheimer's, and my girl's pending graduation, to name just a few. I really have let some things go and have tried not to be Super Woman. It's a good trend in some ways; in others, notsomuch!

5. Who is your favorite book, movie, or TV show villain?

This is a hard one because villains usually get on my last nerve! I guess from a TV show, I'd say Q from Star Trek.

6. How concerned are you about identity theft?

Concerned enough that I'm careful, but not so concerned that I'm paranoid.

7. I saw this last question on Dawn's blog a couple of week's ago and asked if I could share. Everybody hop over and say hi, but first answer this...would you rather have an ordinary home in an extraordinary place or an extraordinary home in an ordinary place?

I'm thankful to have a home that it hasn't been ripped from its foundation. Ordinary is good enough for me for the home and the place!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm aching for the families in Oklahoma who have lost so much in the tornadoes. Praying God will wrap them in His arms and hold them close!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

4 comments:

Joyce said...

I do think we walk through seasons where we need to be a little extra kind to ourselves. I get that it's hard to do. I have high expectations and tend to feel a little guilty/lazy if I'm not accomplishing something, but I have learned the value of being still this past year. Sometimes that is what the heart needs. Thinking of you today!

Veronica and Daniel said...

Rattlesnake and alligator! I think that is very adventurous!!!! I am thankful to have an ordinary house in an ordinary place as well - so sad for everyone in OK. I was looking at some before/after pictures today and it just makes my heart hurt! Hope you are having a great Wednesday :)

Theresa said...

I learned the same thing at school. Wow- alligator and rattlesnake, now that's adventurous!

LynnMarie said...

In everything, there is a time. A time to work and a time to rest. A time to speed up and a time to slow down. It may just be your time to slow down and that is OK.