Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm Still Here!

Just popping in for a moment to say I'm doing okay, thanks to the loving and prayerful support of so many friends. Those of you in the blogging community have touched my heart so much with your comments and emails.

I've got quite a lot to tell you about in the upcoming days. This has been quite an experience. The timing of my mom's death in the middle of Hurricane Ike has complicated logistics a bit, as my dad is buried in Houston. On the Galveston side of Houston. Where the cemetery is now minimally functional with 150 trees down, no power, and one phone. We go down tomorrow to take care of the burial, with the graveside services adjusted from the original plan.

And then there is the little matter of the deer that decided I didn't have enough on my To Do List and rammed into the side of my car 4 evenings ago. Picture to come.

I'm thinking there's a massage with my name on it in the next week or two. . . .

Photobucket

View blog reactions

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh you so deserve a massage! ONe of these days you will just be able to sit back and breathe! Until then we'll keep praying!

sara said...

You so deserve that massage!!!

I will be praying about the burial and that it all goes smoothly and lifting your family up!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

What a week or so you have had.

Praying that all goes with your mom's burial.

Sign me up for a massage with you please!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

It should have read, "goes well"

sorry I have a major head cold

Leah said...

Bless your heart! Why is it that when it rains it pours?? I think you deserve that massage!!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Now I understand the giggling when you saw the title of my post!

Xandra

elizabeth embracing life said...

What strength for you to have in al lof this. Those muscles need that massage. Continued prayer in your life and family.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

A massage AND a pedicure, I think.
Love to you.

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Wow I didn't realize that your Dad was buried in Houston. How hard to have all of this to deal with...

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, sweet friend, if I were there, I would rub your shoulders! You DO deserve a massage. We'll be here when you get back, and we're there in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I so wish we lived within hugging distance! I'm still praying, friend.

Kelli

Kelly said...

Just returned to blogging--praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Yes that massage does have your name on it! Hope you can get to it soon........Oh dear about the deer!! Ugh!
Praying for strength, wisdom, and energy to get through all that is going on in your life.