Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Back to the Wednesday Hodgepodge




Wednesday Hodgepodge is back from last week's Spring Break, so join in the fun over at Joyce's blog -- after you read my answers and comment here, of course!

1. Have you ever played golf? Any interest in playing? Do you have a significant other who loves to play? Did you watch The Masters this past weekend?

A big "no" to all of those questions.

2. Hats are back in fashion this spring...how do you feel about wearing a hat? (fyi-I'm not talking baseball caps) When was the last time you wore one?

Last time I wore a hat other than to keep me from getting a migraine in the sun was when I was about five years old. And the elastic that went under my chin annoyed me so much I practically threw the thing across the church. I was just commenting to my MIL on Sunday when three 20-somethings walked in with wide-brimmed hats that I have no interest in that fashion for a variety of reasons: 1)it's just another expense, 2) it's another thing to store, 3) it gets in the way (I was just waiting for those gals to bump hats when they turned their heads), 4) it blocks the view of the person behind you, and 5)once you've worn a hat, your hair's doomed for the rest of the day!

Not that I have a particularly strong opinion about it or anything. . . .

3. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 meaning proficient and 1 meaning "I'd starve", how adept are you at using chopsticks?

Well, I'm not sure I'd starve, but I'm probably about a 3. It would help if I liked Asian food and ever used them to start with!

4. Has technology taken over?

No, technology can't take over anything. But folks have surrendered and given a lot to technology, unfortunately. But humans aren't indispensable. Yet.

5. In the course of a day how often do you look in a mirror?

Countless times when I drive. Beyond that, rarely.

6. Tulip or Daffodil?

Daffodil. Love their color and cheerfulness.

7. I am proud of myself for __________________.

. . .answering all these questions!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

The bluebonnets have been absolutely stunning this year. Check out Texas Bluebonnet Sightings to see some incredible pictures and videos that folks have sent in from around the state. Here's one that took my breath away:

Texas Bluebonnet Sightings - photo by Catherine Gannon



Photobucket

View blog reactions

7 comments:

April said...

That picture of the bluebonnets takes me breath away! Absolutely stunning!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Love the picture of the bluebonnets. They are awesome.

Joyce said...

What a gorgeous photo!

Jill said...

That photo really is breathtaking! And I had to laugh at your not-so-strong opinion on hats! : )

Cathy said...

Those bluebonnets are beautiful. My goal is to some day seem them for real.

Kimberly said...

I was just in Texas and missed the bluebonnets. I kept looking. We only saw them on the side of the highways and my husband wouldn't stop. Maybe next time.

AuburnChick said...

STUNNING photograph!!!!