Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May I Hodgepodge?



1. My daughter 2 is graduating from university this month and plans to teach elementary school. What are three qualities you most want to see evidenced in a teacher?

A love of learning, a love for children, and patience!

2. You can tell a lot about a person by_____________________.

. . .how he/she treats a child, his/her mother, or someone who is serving/"beneath" him or her.

3. What song makes you think spring?

I think it's more that spring makes me think of this song, but nevertheless, the song I associate with spring is This is my Father's World:

This is my Father's world,
And to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings
The music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world:
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
His hand the wonders wrought.

This is my Father's world,
The birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white,
Declare their maker's praise.
This is my Father's world:
He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass;
He speaks to me everywhere.

This is my Father's world.
O let me ne'er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father's world:
The battle is not done
Jesus, Who died, shall be satisfied
And earth and heav'n be one.


4. May 1st is Mother Goose Day...share your favorite nursery rhyme.

I always liked this one because it had a riddle with it:

As I was going to St. Ives,
I met a man with seven wives;
Every wife had seven sacks,
Every sack had seven cats,
Every cat had seven kits;
Kits, cats, sacks, and wives,
How many were there going to St. Ives?


5. What makes someone unforgettable?

Love freely given and expressed. We remember the people who loved us, whether it be a best friend, a teacher or other mentor, a kind neighbor.

6. Should music and/or art be part of a well rounded education?

Absolutely! And even if they didn't deserve to be included on their own merits, studies show that math skills increase when music is taught.

7. What social situations make you flustered or nervous?

Mix and mingle requiring superficial small talk, such as the proverbial cocktail party. I can't think of anything to say and I can't remember names when I only have brief encounters.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Check out this week's giveaway at the top of my sidebar.

And don't forget that Friday is Star Wars Day!! (May the fourth be with you!)



Photobucket

View blog reactions

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I almost said that hymn! It's one of my favorites : ) I mentioned it in a winter post early on in my blogging 'career'. Ha-couldn't think of another word but career doesn't sound right either!

Enjoy your day!

collettakay said...

Great song for Spring. Now I'll be singing it all day!

"May the fourth be with you" too funny!

Colletta

Love Bears All Things said...

Must remember that Friday is Force Day.
I agree Blogger is having issues this week, had trouble with my photos yesterday.

Never heard that rhyme but I like it.
Mama Bear

April said...

You and I are onboard with #7. I cringe when I have to go to my husband's work functions/parties. I don't have a knack for making small talk with complete strangers.

Cathy said...

I'm not sure I ever heard that nursery rhyme. Love that song! Star Wars Day...who knew? Oh wait a minute, you did! lol Good answers.