Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Hodgepodge of Olympic Proportions



It's Wednesday and time to check in with Joyce for a Hodgepodge of questions! Read my answers below and then scurry on over to Joyce's blog to participate and link up!

1. The Summer Olympics officially begin this Friday night...will you be watching? If you could see just one event in person which one would you pick?

I'll watch a bit this weekend, but I won't get to see very much of them because my girl and I leave for Germany on Monday! We are going to see GG, our exchange student that lived with us last year. While I know they show the Olympics in Germany, it obviously won't have the same focus! LOL

As for the event I would choose, it would probably be Gymnastics. Although I really like Diving, too. But I really prefer to watch it on TV - you don't have nearly the view in person that you do on TV. And you don't have to deal with the crowds and security!

2.Do lazy days make you feel rested or unproductive?

Somewhat rested but mostly they make me feel that much tireder! But they are wonderful once in a while!

3. July 25th is 'officially' Threading the Needle Day...can you sew? On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not at all and 10 being Betsy Ross-like, how would you rate your skill with a needle and thread?

I've never heard of Threading the Needle Day! That's pretty funny. I'd probably say about a 5. I can make basic things on my machine and do some sewing my hand. Just don't ask me to do buttonholes. I hate the way my machine does them. My mom's old 1940's machine did them so much more efficiently.

4. 'Threading the Needle' can also mean to walk a fine line between two things or issues (think awkward social situation). When was the last time you had to 'thread the needle', figuratively speaking?

I can't even come up with an answer for this one. I didn't get enough sleep last night and my brain is kaput!

5. Kidney, pinto, black, or navy...your favorite bean?

Toss up between green and pork n' beans. Don't care for any of the ones listed above.

6. Have you ever hosted a garage sale? Was it more success or bust?

Nope. Never had even an inkling of a desire to do so.

7. What makes you roll your eyes?

Blatantly stupid things. Like the kabillion legal disclaimers and warning on products, such as "Don't use hairdryer while sleeping" and on Midol (for menstrual pain): "Consult your doctor before use if you have an enlarged prostate." Another favorite: "Danger: Do not hold the wrong end of a chainsaw."

Seriously? What's worse is that the reason these warnings are necessary are because of the lawsuit-happy people in our culture today!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Hopefully this won't make you roll your eyes! I shared a fun interview with a wonderful author of historical fiction that I met last week in Orlando, and I'm giving away a copy of her latest book! She has won awards for non-fiction books, but this is her debut novel, and it is stellar. Scroll down to the post below this one to read about Jocelyn Green or click on the picture of her book Wedded to War at the top of my sidebar and it will take you right to the interview!



Photobucket

View blog reactions

11 comments:

Cathy said...

Good answer on number 7.

Mary said...

#7: Oh, yeah. Those are definitely eye-rollers!

Diana Ferguson said...

Loved the review of crazy label warnings! I think you have the right explanation, too.

Veronica and Daniel said...

I like watching diving better on TV because they play it in slow motion - AMAZING :) Happy Wednesday!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Have an amazing trip. God Bless.
Love your answer to the eye rolling!

Skoots1moM said...

great answer on 7...
i'm eager to travel
gymnastics and swimming are my favs

Jocelyn said...

Enjoy Germany! :)

Sr. Ann Marie said...

I could really use a lazy day right now--but will have a lazy week in August! Can't wait. I'm collecting books on my Kindle to read during vacation!

Joyce said...

It was really interesting watching the Olympics when we lived in England. The stories all focused on their own athletes (as they should) but we'd want to hear about an American medal winner and they'd be going on and on about their athlete placing #16. We missed hearing the Star Spangled Banner too but we know all the words to God Save the Queen now : )

Safe travels and have a wonderful trip!

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

Great answers to #7-how about the ones on the back of the doors I see at McDoanald's which say-These doors to remain unlocked during business hours. Who would have thought?
Have a safe trip.

Kathy said...

Some of those disclaimers are ridiculous, aren't they?

Have a great trip to Germany :)