Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hodgepodge Heads toward 100!


Happy October! It's Wednesday, and that means it's time to join Joyce for her weekly Hodgepodge of questions. I don't know how she manages to come up with these week after week. This is version #96; I can't wait to see what she has for us for the 100th edition--which happens to land on Halloween! Leave a comment and then join in the fun over at Joyce's blog!

1. It's a brand new month...share one thing you're looking forward to in October.

The school choir's big show; my girl will have a solo one night and be part of a trio on the second performance. I'm savoring all of these "lasts" of this senior year!

2. Is chivalry dead? Explain.

Not totally, but it's on life support in many places. Such a shame.

3. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip made its debut. Which character is your favorite? Which character is most like you? (Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Shroeder, Snoopy, Woodstock, or Pig Pen) If you need a description click here.

I've always liked Charlie Brown. What's not to love about a guy who tries so hard and sometimes can't seem to get a break?! I guess I would either be most like Sally (because I was the little sister in the family) or maybe Marcie.

4. What's something you're competitive about?

The list is long, although I've worked hard to temper this somewhat. But I'm pretty competitive with games!

5. October is National Popcorn Popping Month...are you a fan? How do you like your popcorn?

LOVE popcorn. Popped in a pan on the stove with salt and--if I'm ignoring calories--melted butter. No microwave popcorn or weird flavorings.

6. When did you first realize the world is small?

When my worlds started colliding! It is unreal how many times I go somewhere and someone I meet knows someone I know or we have some kind of connection. My girl just laughs and says "Of course you do" when I tell her now. She says to forget the "six degrees of separation" theory; ours is two!

7. In terms of architecture, what's the most beautiful building you've seen up close and in person?

That's a hard one. The Biltmore in Asheville, NC is amazing.


But so is the Rathaus in Munich, which has the Glockienspiel:




8. Insert your own random thought here.


Word verification drives me nuts. I turned it off for a bit yesterday but started getting spam comments, so I've had to turn it back on. Please don't let that keep you from commenting!



Photobucket

View blog reactions

7 comments:

Joyce said...

You keep reminding me 100 is approaching. I need to put on my thinking cap I guess : )

I love the pictures of the Rathaus. So many lovely buidlings all over Europe. We have some gorgeous buildings here too but generally not on the grand scale of Europe.

Enjoy your day!

Theresa said...

You shared some beautiful buildings! Europe seems to have us outdone ;) The older buildings are so much more beauiful than most of the newer ones.

Lighthousegal said...

The choir show will be great i am sure. I miss my daughter being in the choir.
I agree with you about the Biltmore Estate, it is amazing and beautiful. But, so many buildings in other countries have such exquisite details in the building itself as well as inside them. I have never had the pleasure of traveling abroad but love seeing others photos of places they have visited.
I hate word verification, sorry you had to turn it back on.

April said...

The Biltmore Estate is an excellent choice! Love it there! My youngest daughter is a soph. in high school and she dropped out of chorus at the end of last year because they got a new choral director that took the fun out of it. I hated it as she had been in chorus since 4th grade.

retired not tired said...

I miss the choir days. My children were in the band and my grandchildren are too young or too far away.

Cathy said...

Yes, I'd say your competitive in games. I can't seem to beat you for the life of me in Word with Friends. I've taken a break, I really must get back to trying to beat you again (because, you know, I'm not competitive at all) lol

Veronica and Daniel said...

I wonder why you get so many span comments? I dont have word verification and get maybe 1 a week...I wish I knew more about it to help you :) I would LOVE to visit the Baltimore some day - Turn of the century mansions like that! Hope the concert goes well - senior year was such an exciting time :)