Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May the Hodgepodge be with You!


1. It's still May, right? When were you last in the middle of something that might be described as mayhem?

When you're a nurse, things can quickly turn into mayhem - admissions coming in, patients deteriorating. . . .No particular day comes to mind, but there have been a few!

2. When did you last feel dismayed?

When I woke up yesterday morning and the weather was back in the mid-fifties!

3. What's a food combination you like, but other people may find strange?

I always put butter on my graham crackers and make a "sandwich."

4. "It is never too late to be what you might have been." Do you think that's true? Why or why not?

It depends what it is referring to. In terms of character, or spiritual decisions, then yes, there is always a chance for a new start. However, some horses have definitely left the barn, so to speak. The consequences of your early poor decisions may not be able to be changed.

5. US News and World Report listed the best historic destinations in the US as follows-Washington D.C, Philadelphia PA, Williamsburg VA, Charleston SC, Boston MA, Richmnd VA, Savannah, GA, Santa Fe NM, Yellowstone, San Antonio TX, San Francisco CA, New Orleans LA, and Charlottesville VA.

Of those listed how many have you seen in person? Which two sites on the list would you most like to see in person?


I've been to Williamsburg, Charleston, Boston, Richmond, Santa Fe, San Antonio, and New Orleans. Williamsburg is, by far, my favorite. I've always wanted to go to Savannah. Charlottesville would be wonderful, too. I love the historic South! I wouldn't mind seeing San Francisco, either. And D.C., although I'm less eager during this administration than I was during Geoorge W. Bush's.

6. May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. If you had to participate in a single fitness activity for the next half hour, which activity would you choose?

Walking or riding a bike.

7. What did you like best about the city, town, or neighborhood where you grew up?

I love Houston. Lots of options for whatever you want to do.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Apparently we're not the only ones who had a cool snap this week!




Photobucket

View blog reactions

1 comment:

April said...

Linda...do you enjoy being a nurse? What's the most difficult part of it for you? How hard was it to earn your degree? I've given nursing a lot of thought, but I don't know if I have it in me at my age to study, write papers, etc, again.