As I've stayed bundled inside and done some laundry and cleaning (even cleaned the light fixtures over our bathroom sink, wonder of wonders!), I was tagged by my new friend Cindy over at Letters from Midlife. Seems she wants to know 7 Random Things About Me. Hmm. I hope she'll still be my friend after she reads them!
1. I have never lived anywhere but Texas. Born and raised here. Have the accent to prove it, although I think it's gotten better as I've gotten older. But when I was in college, my friends from up north (i.e., Dallas) used to get me to count to 10 so they could hear me say "nigh-yine". (What? You don't say it with 2 syllables?)
2. In spite of #1, I have never owned a pair of cowboy boots. We don't all live in a home, home on the range where the deer and the antelope play. And while we're on the "nevers", I've never bounced a check, smoked a cigarette, or had a beer. I promise you that I'm still a fun person! I think.
3. I have a special talent, for which I won a prize as a child: I won a book at a public library party for saying the alphabet backwards. I'd tell you how fast I can do it now, but a gal's gotta have some secrets! (See, I told you I was fun!)
4. I always wanted to be a singer. When I was a kid, I used to pretend I was on The Lawrence Welk Show. (Nerdy, I know! Keep thinking "she's FUN!") For those of you who have been around awhile, I thought it would be the coolest thing to be in a group like TRUTH or Eternity.
5. Born as I was before the days of ultrasounds, everyone in my family was just sure I was going to be a boy up until the very moment I was born. My brother, who was 11, cried when he was told I was a girl. He got over it. I was such a charmer he couldn't help himself.
6. I am a crunchy food person. Tacos instead of enchiladas. Chips instead of french fries. Cookies instead of cake. And popcorn, buttery and hot, popped on the stove the old-fashioned way.
7. I love words - puns, poems, puzzles, books. The English language delights me with all its nuances and idiosyncracies. (And yes, I love My Fair Lady!)
So there you have it. A riveting and exhilirating display of my random
Now it is my delight to tag 7 of you whom I would like to know a little better. If you decide to play along, link back to me and let me know! So. . . Cathy, Chatty Kelly, Skoots1Mom, My ADHD Me, Natalie, Suzanne, and Shaunarumbling - Tag, you're IT!
Okay, now I've read all these and am nervous. If my stats plummet, I may delete this post! I really am FUN!!
Photo courtesy of stock.xchng
View blog reactions