Tuesday, January 20, 2009

As The Baton is Passed

He changes times and seasons;
He sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.
Daniel 2:21


". . .until you acknowledge that the Most High is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and gives them to anyone He wishes."
Daniel 4:32


(to Cyrus, King of Persia)
For the sake of Jacob My servant,
of Israel My chosen,
I summon you by name
and bestow on you a title of honor,
though you do not acknowledge Me.

I am the LORD, and there is no other;
apart from Me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged Me,

so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
men may know there is none besides Me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other.
Isaiah 45:4-6


I know that You can do all things; no plan of Yours can be thwarted.
Job 42:2


For by Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
Colossians 1:16-17


I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior.
1 Timothy 2:1-3


Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.
Titus 3:1-2


"He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment seat."



God reigns over the nations;
God is seated on His holy throne.
Psalm 47:8


Photobucket

View blog reactions

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Right back atcha, my friend, right back atcha.

Debra Kaye said...

Praise His Holy Name for He is worthy to be praised!! Blessings to you today!

Debbie Petras said...

Glory to God in the Highest! He is the only one we are to bow down to. I loved listening to this song today. A reminder of who is in charge.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Our hope is in Christ alone. And these are good words on this day. Thanks for sharing.

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Well said.

Xandra

Mel said...

Love it love it, excellent

A Stone Gatherer said...

Thank you for the wonderful scripture Linda! I especially like the one about Cyrus. God has used all men for his purposes! Obama fits right in to God's ultimate plan! I don't look forward to the things he will change, but I know my God doesn't change and has it all in control! His truth is marching on, and soon we will see Him face to face!!!!