Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ta-Da!!

Finally finished!
When my boy saw it, I suggested he might want to glue it and hang it on his wall, because we will not EVER be doing that one again!

And then my girl & I immediately did this one Sunday afternoon, also 500 pieces:


After the other one, it was a piece of cake! You could actually tell where the pieces were supposed to go. This puzzle is from the Look Alikes books, where the pictures are constructed from every day objects. Fun books.

Although, our all-time favorites are the I Spy series of books with their brightly colored pictures, poems, and hidden objects. I even got the calendar every year and hung it by the pantry until they discontinued it. Unfortunately, all their puzzles are less than 100 pieces.

So if you are looking for a great activity to spend some time with your teen, I recommend collaborating on a puzzle. Just be prepared to learn all your own idiosyncrasies while you're at it!

Photobucket

View blog reactions

7 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

We used to love to do puzzles. By "learn all of your own idiosyncracies," do you mean because your teen will list them one by one over and over as you work alongside?

Debra Kaye said...

Linda,

These are awesome! I'd comment on doing them with my son but he and I are Scrabble fiends .. can't get him to doing any other kind of puzzle!

Blessings to you today!

sara said...

wow! hats off to you for finishing that first one. This was our first year at Xmas for not having a puzzle going on in the house and the kids were not happy....I just didn't have time to look for one. Next year!

Patrice and Higgins said...

Congratulations on a job well done!! You have put me in a puzzle mood.......

Unknown said...

WOO HOO! My kids liked to do the 24 piece puzzles when they were small. I'm not sure we'graduated to 500 pieces or more!

Congrats on the masterpieces :-D

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I love putting puzzles together. Nathan and Grace are finally old enough to enjoy smaller puzzles, and we even have one meant for families that has large, chunky pieces interspersed with small, adult pieces.

Xandra

A Stone Gatherer said...

Congratulations you too! You are an inspiration to Bekah and I!