Wednesday, January 14, 2009

There's a Song for Everything!

I'm really going to show my age now! Who remembers this oldie?!

It only takes a spark
To get a fire going
And soon all those around
Will warm up with its glowing
That's how it is with God's love
Once you've experienced it
You want to sing
It's fresh like spring
You want to pass it on!
Well, I have a couple of things I need to pass on!

I get such a blessing out of visiting other blogs and reading your comments on mine. And it's the icing on the cake when a little extra love comes my way in the form of a blog award!



I stumbled across my name on the blog GOD is Our First Love as ~hon~ listed several folks that she gave this award to. Thanks for your encouragement! It's impossible to choose, but I'm going to pass this along to a couple of new friends I've recently "met": Chatty Kelly and My ADHD Me. I'm glad we've crossed paths!



And then Cathy Davis of Voice of Truth passed along The Lemonade Award to me, which apparently is "for someone showing great attitude and/or the spirit of gratitude." (Hmm. She must have caught me on a day I wasn't snarling at bonding with my girl over a jigsaw puzzle!)

I'm apparently supposed to pass this to 10 bloggers, but that is way too much pressure. But I when I read the definition of this award, immediately Kim & Sara & Natalie & Sarah & Mel come to mind. You gals are a blessing and an encouragement to me!

Of course, as wonderful as blog awards are, how much more important to focus on our greatest Reward:
"I am your shield, your very great reward."
Genesis 15:1

Photobucket

View blog reactions

9 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks Linda!!! Have a blessed and wonderful Wed.

sara said...

Thanks Linda!!! How is that puzzle coming?

My ADHD Me said...

aawww. You are SO nice.

As for that song. I REMEMBER it! I went to a Lutheran elementary and middle school and we had chapel every Wednesday. (along with religion class every day). We sang that song ALOT! It was always one of my favorites!!

Thanks again!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I remember my Dad getting all bent out of shape because Pass It On wasn't a "real" hymn and shouldn't be in the hymn book! LOL!

Xandra

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I had to laugh, because that little oldie is like a new chorus here at our tiny church. Thanks for the sweet award, my friend!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Girl you are such a blessing to me back! And by the way let's hold hands as we sing that ole' song! Do I remember that!!! That one and Kum By Ya!!!!! Thanks for the wonderful award!

Lisa Spence said...

Like, ~hon~, I love your blog too!

Anonymous said...

There IS a song for everything!! And I remember that song from summer camp. Sweet memories.

Kelly said...

Linda! Thank you so much. I am behind on blog reading, (and writing!) so thank you for directing me over here. And for the award!! HOORAY! You are so sweet.

I"m going to try and catch up over the weekend.

And I love that song, because I of course went to the same school as my sis, ADHD.

HAPPY DAY TO YOU!