Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Random Qs & As


1. Do you do garage sales? If so, tell me about one great find. If not, tell me why not.

Nope. I just don't have the "great finds" gene. And around here folks are out cruising the sales at 7:00 am on a Saturday. Yuck.

Just remembered - we do still have the coffee table we bought when our next door neighbors had a garage sale 2o or so years ago. Bought it for $40 for "temporary use" until we could get a nice one. Yep, it's still the one we use.

2. Name the last thing you fixed.

As I'm typing this? Dinner.
When you're reading this? Hair and make-up.

3. Name your A) Favorite item of makeup OR B) Favorite tool

Foundation. My skin is worse now than it ever was as a teen.

4. Which room in your home needs organizing more than any other?

Yes.

5. Which room could use re-decorating?

See #4.

6. Share something unique about your town.

I live here?

Okay, how about. . .

Texas State Capitol Building

or

The University of Texas Tower

7. If you could send a one-sentence message to your great-grandchild, what would it be?

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

8. Do you Facebook?

Yes, with people I know.

9. Describe your favorite shoes.

Any shoe that doesn't exacerbate my plantar fasciitis and doesn't look like an old lady's orthopedic shoe.

I also really like my sandals that have different colored buttons across the toes.

10. Do you listen to more talk radio or more music radio? What kind of station is it?

Music, music, Christian music. KLOVE.

11. How far would you travel for a really good (favorite) meal?

Well, since one of our favorite restaurants is in Houston, I guess I would say about 3 hours. But we've never gone just for dinner, so I will say 45 minutes.

12. If you were totally honest with yourself (and us) what should you probably be doing right now instead of blogging?

Getting ready for bed.

Go visit some other folks to see their answers at Lidna's!



Photobucket

View blog reactions

17 comments:

Mary said...

Your answers to 4 & 5 cracked me up! In closing, let me say, "Gig 'Em"! (I'm from a family of Aggies!)

Diana Ferguson said...

Enjoyed your Q and A time!

SouthLakesMom said...

Of all the places I lived and visited in Texas, Austin is the best. At least it has water and a more eclectic crowd!

If I visit your home, I'll make sure to focus on the coffee table and not numbers 4 & 5...hee hee

Joyce said...

#'s 4 and 5 were good! I'd love to visit your city...I've never been. Hubs has a meeting in San Antonio this fall and I'd like to tag along but am not sure if the timing is going to be right.

Love your #7 too...enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Love that you bought a coffee table for temp use but you still use it! I think that is great actually! Must have been a great find!

Great answers!

SusanD said...

Great answers. Especially #4 and #5. Austin. Great city. Fabulous places to eat....and my personal favorite: shop! lol. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

LOVE Austin....I think that if Albuquerque and Santa Fe ever got married and had a kid, it would be like Austin.....Have you ever been to Mosaic Church? The pastor there is going to be our guest speaker at the Retreat this year.

Thena said...

Texas sounds like a wonderful place to live. My oldest daughter said if she could ever convince her husband to leave Georgia that's where she would love to move too. I told her she would have to take Nana (me). lol

Barbara H. said...

I have an nightstand sort of like that, except it was given to me when a friend got rid of it. It's been just temporary for years. Unfortunately, I really don't like it, and my goal is to some day get matching nightstands for our bedroom.

I've never been much of a yard saler, either.

Which restaurant in Houston is your favorite?

Anonymous said...

Loved reading your answers...especially #7! I think that sums up all of the best advice we could ever give anyone!

momma24 said...

This is a fun list! Loved reading yours.

Cindy Swanson said...

I knew you lived in Texas, Linda, but I didn't realize that you lived in Austin! I LOVE Austin! Most of my family lives in Round Rock...including my two sons, my precious little grandsons, my mom, and my sister and her family.

Connie Jean said...

Thanks for sharing. I always giggle at your responses to the questions. I love Klove as well but only hear it online since we don't have one in the area. :)

Carol said...

I once found a coffee table I loved at a garage sale. But it was square and had pointy corners, so when my first grandson became mobile and conked himself on them a couple of times when he was visiting, I got rid of it and built one with rounded corners.

jamiely78 said...

I also love your answer to # 4 & 5. I also feel your pain when it comes to skin & complexions. I have yet to understand how its fair that I have better skin at 16 then now. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

I am in my 30's and my skin is worse than it was as a teenager too...it is discouraging sometimes.

Enjoyed reading your answers this week!

Tara said...

I am not a garage-saler either. There is no find worth getting up at 6 in the morning in my opinion.

Cracking up over #4 & 5. :)