Wednesday, September 29, 2010

This Week's R.D. is Out of this World!

Before I jump into this week's random, I want to wish a Happy Birthday to my husband!




Lidna tapped the brains of the gals in her Girls' Group, and they have a plethora of questions for us this week.

1. Do you believe, somewhere deep inside, that blondes do indeed have more fun? That they are "dumber" than brunettes or redheads? Be honest!

Genetically, I do not think there is a difference. Culturally, I would say yes. In regards to the "fun" part, I think many times blondes are favored. I have teased a friend for years after she was quoted in a college magazine about an event she attended and the quote was prefaced by describing her as "a young, pretty, blonde mom." Now tell many how many sentences you've seen that talk about "a young, pretty, brunette mom." I'm just sayin'.

As for the intelligence factor, I think that people tend to live down to others' expectations. Plus, I think we more readily notice when a blonde does something dumb.

2. Which animal would you most like to observe in its wild habitat?

Does this mean I have to be in its wild habitat as well, or can I watch it on Discovery Channel? That's what TVs and IMAX are for!

3. This week the U.N. announced that Dr. Mazlan Othman has been appointed the official "Alien Ambassador," should any extraterrestrials contact us. Have you, or has anyone you know, ever seen a UFO?

Seriously? An "Alien Ambassador"? No.

4. Name your favorite Hitchcock film.

I have never seen a Hitchcock film.

5. Would you rather spend time at the library, the mall, a craft store or home?

Probably home.

6. Which Disney princess is your favorite? (Or Disney character, if you are a guy)

Belle, from Beauty and the Beast, because she was able to look beyond the outward appearance to the heart inside.

And because she's a bookworm!

7. What kind of art is your favorite?

Art that doesn't look like a 2-year-old threw some paint at a canvas. I like realistic stuff, such as a pretty landscape, like this:
(Courtesy Google Images)
8. How do you feel about viral videos, that is, videos made by amateurs that end up on Youtube receiving thousands of hits?

I don't go out of my way to find them, but some of them are pretty funny. Especially ones with laughing babies.

9. Where do you buy your jeans?

Kohl's. Lee Jeans fit me the best.

10. Tell me about your first automobile accident.

Hmmmpff. "First" assumes there has been more than one. I did get hit trying to come out of a parking lot when I was in college. All the lanes stopped except one. I did get barely rear-ended once but there wasn't any damage so I don't really count that. And fortunately, that is all!

On our way to Houston one Christmas we stopped to eat at a Whataburger, and someone hit our parked car and left the scene.

11. Have you ever been honest when you knew you would benefit more if you would be dishonest?

Yes.

12. If you were appointed "Ambassador to Aliens," what would you show and tell first about life on Earth? What would be the most difficult thing to explain?

Show & Tell? The Alien exit.

Difficult to explain? Why I spend so much time mulling over these questions!



Photobucket

View blog reactions

17 comments:

quilly said...

Lol! I loved your answer to the last question. It put a huge grin on my face.

Nel said...

You are too funny! Thanks for sharing!
until next time... nel

Joyce said...

First of all...love your title : )
Secondly, Happy Birthday to your hubs!

As per usual we have some similar answers. Except I definitely want to see the animals in their habitat!

Watch North by Northwest...its suspenseful but not creepy like a lot of his were. Have a great day!

SusanD said...

Some of these titles crack.me.up! You have great answers. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Melli said...

LOL! People tell me I must have been born blonde all the time! But nope... I'm just a ditzy redhead!

Linda... You DON'T want to go on an African Safari with ME? It would be such FUN!

Crackin' up at your last answer!

Kathy said...

Good answers! I think you and I had the same thoughts on the alien questions...

Christine said...

I think many of us chose Belle. I now I did.

Cindy said...

I enjoyed this list. I saw on the news about the alien ambassador and just literally laughed out loud. Wonder if they have an ambassador assigned to Jesus when he returns.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I agree, I almost said that about blondes being favored. So you haven't seen Physco or The Birds, you should watch them. That's a beautiful painting and a great example. That was fun! Thanks for stopping over.

Mel said...

Happy birthday to your husband! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Glad to hear you were not in any serious accidents. Not a fun experience!

Barbara H. said...

I feel similarly about #2. I don't think I want to be in any animal's natural habitat, but I like watching films of them sometimes.

I am not a Hitchcock fan, but I loved the intrigue in The Man Who Knew Too Much with Jimmy Stewart (one of my favorite actors) and Doris Day. I didn't even know that was a Hitchcock film until I was looking through a list of his films to answer this question.

I like realistic looking art. too.

Jill said...

I love the answer to #2, and I have the same kind of taste in art. Great answers!

Cathy said...

Great answers. I love realistic art too. The other kind, I can't even begin to understand.

Cindy Swanson said...

Great answers, Linda! I totally agree with you about the perspective on blondes--I said something similar in my answers.

Is that picture a Wyndberg, by any chance? I know he was/is an Austin-area artist whose prints I've loved looking at. Well, anything with bluebonnets makes me happy and homesick for Austin.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier!

What a card you are!!! I loved your answer to #1! You had some really good insights!

I also love that picture from Google Images, although I will say that given a choice between the artwork of my own kids when they were two years old and a Picaso, I'd choose my child's masterpiece.

Oh...and Lee's jeans...brought back memories. I haven't worn that brand since high school! But, I do love Kohl's...for shoes mainly!!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

No fair. I wanted to be alien ambassador along with Billy Ray Cyrus' son.

momma24 said...

Loved your answers!