Saturday, September 4, 2010

TSMSS - A Bunch of Foolishness

How has it been 17 years since my firstborn was placed in my arms? (This is even his exact birthday; he was born on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend.) Now he's taller than I am. . .and I'm 5' 10"! Happy 17th Birthday to my boy! We are so proud of you!


When I saw the news article which states that physicist Stephen Hawking, in his new book to be released Tuesday, says that gravity, not God, is responsible for creation, I have one response:

Um, I don't think so.
The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God."

Psalm 14:1, Psalm 53:1

"This is what the LORD says—-your Redeemer,
Who formed you in the womb:
I am the LORD, Who has made all things,
Who alone stretched out the heavens,
Who spread out the earth by myself,
Who foils the signs of false prophets
and makes fools of diviners,
Who overthrows the learning of the wise
and turns it into nonsense..."

Isaiah 44:24-26

Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar?
Where is the philosopher of this age?
Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
For since in the wisdom of God
the world through its wisdom did not know him,
God was pleased through the foolishness
of what was preached to save those who believe.

I Corinthians 1:20-21

...what may be known about God is plain to them,
because God has made it plain to them.
For since the creation of the world
God's invisible qualities—his eternal power
and divine nature—have been clearly seen,
being understood from what has been made,
so that men are without excuse.

Romans 1:19-20

Then there are chapters 39-41 of Job, where God answers him with a list of His wondrous power as manifested in creation!

I couldn't help but think of this old song by Michael Card. I pray that Hawking and other brilliant minds would be willing to become a fool for God!


GOD'S OWN FOOL
by Michael Card

It seems I've imagined Him all of my life
As the wisest of all of mankind
But if God's Holy wisdom is foolish to men
He must have seemed out of His mind

For even His family said He was mad
And the priest said a demon's to blame
But God in the form of this angry young man
Could not have seemed perfectly sane

[Chorus:]
When we in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
When we in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong

So we follow God's own Fool
For only the foolish can tell
Believe the unbelievable
Come be a fool as well

Come lose your life for a carpenter's son
For a madman who died for a dream
Then you'll have the faith His first followers had
And you'll feel the weight of the beam

So surrender the hunger to say you must know
Have the courage to say, "I believe"
For the power of paradox opens your eyes
And blinds those who say they can see

[Chorus]

So we follow God's own Fool
For only the foolish can tell
Believe the unbelievable
Come be a fool as well


Visit Amy's for more music for your weekend.


Photobucket

View blog reactions

13 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

How can we possibly have such old children when we're so young!

My oldest turned 19 this year and my youngest starts high school this year....IMPOSSIBLE!!

Amanda said...

I hear ya! My oldest is 20 now, with his sister not far behind at 17. Time flies these days!

I love being a fool too... fool for God. Wouldn't have it any other way... I feel sorry for those so-called experts who don't know Him.

Thena said...

As I've heard I would rather believe there's a God and be wrong, then to believe there isn't one and be wrong.
I would like to hear their explanation of the miracles we've seen since creation.
Have a blessed weekend.

Liesa said...

Happy birthday to your son.

and Amen to the rest of your post!

Happy Labor Day weekend.

Liesa @ Life By George

Liesa said...

Happy birthday to your son.

and Amen to the rest of your post!

Happy Labor Day weekend.

Liesa @ Life By George

Ana said...

I've never heard this song or Michael Card! He has a nice voice.
Have a great weekend!

My Mad World said...

What a beautiful post! Love the verses you found that proves He is real! Also love the song!

Happy Birthday to your 'baby' boy!! =)

Misty said...

Thanks for sharing this song.. Never heard it, love it!

Blessings,
Misty

quilly said...

If there is no God, who created gravity?

Happy Birthday to your boy. I hope he had a great day.

I love Michale Card. Thanks for the song.

Michelle said...

WOW!! Very Profound!
I pray to be a fool for the LORD.

Suzanne said...

Hi Linda! Just popping by this afternoon to catch up on your blog! Really enjoyed your post today. Warmly, Suzanne

Far Above Rubies said...

Hello Linda, thanks for passing by Far Above Rubies. I enjoyed all the different worship songs this week.

Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to your oldest...

My first born turned 30 this year...yikes!

Thanks for sharing this song...and I second your response to that article....