Wednesday, March 31, 2010

An Eggs-cellent Random Dozen!



1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps?

Blech. It astounds me that people buy the things!

2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down?

Pray. Listen to piano music.

3. People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring rains?

Not as much as Spring sunshine. But more than Winter rains.

4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies. I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why?

That is just too weird. I guess I'd choose my kids.

5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring?

Neither. But probably a tattoo, since I would put it in an always-covered area. It's kinda hard to hide a nose ring.

6. Do you have any special plans for Easter?

Wrack/rack my brain making clues for our kids' traditional Easter Basket Scavenger Hunt. Yes, they're in high school. Another "great mom" idea that's coming back to haunt me. They'll probably still want this when they're 70 and I'm 104!

And of course, our Good Friday service and church on Sunday.

7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs?

Neither. Dove Dark.


8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of?

The roofers and the truck with the conveyor belt sending the shingles up, which was today.

9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one?

Just started Lis Wiehl's Hand of Fate. It's riveting, as was its predecessor, Face of Betrayal. Review on Monday.

10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning?

Spring cleaning is mandatory?!

Getting rid of stuff.

11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?

One less than I did before a friend's new puppies chewed up my favorite pair. And what separates flip-flops from nicer "sandals" that have no back and have the strap between your first two toes? 'Cause I either have 2 or about 6. You thought this would be an easy question, didn't you?!

12. Which color makes you happiest?

Sunny yellow. Fuchsia. And royal blue.



Don't be a chicken! Lid's a real good egg, so hop on over and link up your answers!

(Sorry--couldn't resist the yolks! I mean the jokes!)


Photobucket

View blog reactions

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Im gona do this now :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, Mine is up :)

Jill said...

Your "yokes" cracked me up! (Pun intended.) Great answers. Have a wonderful Easter!

Cindy said...

I'm with you on the peeps. Not my favorite.

As always, it is fun to learn more about you!

Joyce said...

mmm...Dove dark. I agree!

I still do baskets for my kids-they're in college. My youngest told me yesterday that her friends were teasing her about it but after they thought it over they were a little jealous. She was concerned I might give up the tradition but I informed her you are never to old for an Easter Basket. I don't do the clues though...a bit more stressful but I'm sure your kids will treasure this memory.

Happy Easter!

SouthLakesMom said...

Linda, you and I are the same kind of weird. When they delivered the shingles for our roof last summer I was filming it too. It was so cool to watch!

Happy Easter!

SusanD said...

Love reading your answers and learning more about you. yummm..Dove Dark. Easter Blessings, SusanD

sara said...

I'm with you on peeps!

and we hide our kids easter baskets too...hard to find a "new" place after all these years!!!!

Mary said...

Dove chocolate (even dark) is the best, isn't it?

Heidi said...

Ditto on the Peeps.

Nice jokes, heh heh..

Do you want to enter to win the I Won...You Win? The chance to do so is at my place today. Come on over.

Pamela Scott said...

loved your answers, I wonder why people buy peeps too they are cute but I don't like them...

The Bookworm said...

We had quite a few similar answers this week. Enjoyed reading yours :)

Cathy said...

I don't like peeps either, but my grandma loved them.

quilly said...

#1 -- me, too!
#5 -- but nose rings are easier to remove!
#7 -- I didn't think of that choice! Yum!
#10 -- see my response and I think you'll agree.

I don't want to egg you on, but you got yolk on me!

Robin Lambright said...

So far yellow is the hands on favorite.

Have a great rest of the week!

Blessings
R

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

You are right, you kids will continue to want Easter Baskets FOREVER! My children are now 33 and 30 and they can hardly wait to see what the Bunny has brought and I still enjoy fixing one for them. So, guess it works! I'm with you on the Dove Dark,yummy! Easter blessings to you!

Kim said...

*grin* at your yolk
(My hubby LOVES puns)
hahaha on #6 -- those things that come back to bite us again and again...and again :-)
Mmmmm, have not had Dove Dark. Another for my list of things to eat on furlough. lol
Have a great Easter!