Saturday, March 27, 2010

Back in Business

The world of the internet and blogging is a wondrous and amazing thing. The other day I posted about my dryer overheating and my frustration that I would have to wait until next Friday before a repairman could come. What a surprise when I received a comment from SearsCares asking me to email them my information. I then received a call from them, and lo & behold, they sent a serviceman yesterday afternoon who replaced the element and the thermostats! I was thrilled. Laundry can be such a hassle - until the machine breaks! It was beautiful music to hear the dryer humming along this morning.

Although Sears didn't ask me to, I felt it only fair to post a follow-up and gratefully acknowledge their response to my need.

Photobucket

View blog reactions

8 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Yeay for Sears!
Good customer service is such a rare thing these days. Thanks for spreading the word.

mariel said...

Sears was good for us, too, when our dryer overheated a couple years ago...of course it could be because I tried to dry my ons tennis shoes in there! (not a good idea!)

quilly said...

Yay, Sears. I am glad they came through with the same great quality and service they've always been known for.

sara said...

wow!!! so they've been lurking on your blog, eh?

bp said...

Wow, That is just amazing! I guess you never know who will read what you post huh?! Good for Sears. Glad you got it fixed.

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to get some fast service. IMpressive. Actually, I think a lot of companies are really working on that aspect now, just because they know we don't like to wait for anything any more. It's like "I will give you ten minutes to get here to change my lightbulb!"

Linda said...

Wow! Way to go Sears! Glad it all got worked out.

Christina said...

That was pretty cool that they did this.