Thursday, August 5, 2010

Flashback Friday Prompt

Thanks for all the sweet birthday wishes yesterday. It was a nice, unrushed, few commitments kind of day! And my girl made me some incredible chocolate chip cookies. I share a birthday with our new pastor, so it was fun to exchange greetings with him; my man and I look forward to going to dinner with him and his wife next week for a belated dual celebration.

And now it is the day that, when I was a kid, I always thought was the most depressing of the whole year. . . August 5. Kinda like the day after Christmas, when all the anticipation has climaxed on Christmas Day and it's a whole year 'til the next one!

(Which reminds me of my dad. . . without fail he would say at the breakfast or supper table on Dec. 26: "Well, only 365 days until Christmas!"



This prompt was practically impossible to write! Too many prepositions! I hope it is clearer than mud!
What did you want to be when you grew up? Why did you want to be that, and did you do it? Did you consistently plan to be whatever it was, or did you change your mind often? Did you do anything like volunteering or interning to give you a taste of your future occupation/role? Were you as happy/satisfied with what you became as you thought you would be? What surprised you? Would you choose it again? Do you still want to be something else - either in addition to or instead of?

Share your childhood dreams and goals tomorrow and come back here to link up!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

5 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Gotta try to do this one!

Kathy said...

Sending you belated Happy Birthday wishes...(I was out of town all day yesterday.)It sounds like it was a good kind of day!

Cathy said...

This should be a good one.

Teresa Dawn said...

Happy belated birthday :) I haven't done a flashback for awhile but I've all ready written this one and scheduled it to post :)

bp said...

This one will be fun and long!