Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Disappointment

My girl desperately wanted to advance from Region Choir to Pre-Area Choir at her audition last night, but it was not to be -- lots of stiff competition in the vocal arena.

Disappointments sting, no matter how much you know that God's plan is perfect. If you are experiencing one of life's disappointments, perhaps these will minister to you:

The disappointment has come - not because God desires to hurt you or make you miserable or to demoralize you or ruin your life or keep you from ever knowing happiness. He wants you to be perfect and complete in every aspect, lacking nothing. It's not the easy times that make you more like Jesus, but the hard times."
Kay Arthur (author and Bible Study leader)
* * * * *
"Disappointment -- His Appointment"

Change one letter, then I see
That the thwarting of my purpose
Is God's better choice for me.
His appointment must be blessing,
Tho' it may come in disguise,
For the end from the beginning
Open to His wisdom lies.

"Disappointment -- His Appointment"
Whose? The Lord, who loves me best,
Understands and knows me fully,
Who my faith and love would test;
For, like loving earthly parent,
He rejoices when He knows
That His child accepts, UNQUESTIONED,
all that from His wisdom flows.

"Disappointment -- His Appointment"
"No good thing will He withhold,"
From denials oft we gather
Treasures of His love untold,
Well He knows each broken purpose
Leads to fuller, deeper trust,
And the end of all His dealings
Proves our God is wise and just.

"Disappointment -- His Appointment"
Lord, I take it, then, as such.
Like the clay in hands of potter,
Yielding wholly to Thy touch.
All my life's plan in Thy moulding,
Not one single choice be mine;
Let me answer, unrepining --
"Father, not my will, but Thine."

Edith Lillian Young
* * * * *
For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me:and many such things are with Him. (Job 23:14)





Photobucket

View blog reactions

7 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Today must have been our D days. I did my post on Delays and yours was on Disappointment. How funny. I am sorry for you girls disappointment. I was in choir throughout high school and know how disappointing it can be to lose. I have learned many valuable lessons from loss.

Cathy said...

Jeremiah 29:11 fits too: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Thank you for your words. Very timely message in my life.

Nel said...

So sorry for your daughter's disappointment. Bless her heart! Everything does happen for a reason and there is only One who knows.
until next time... nel

Joyce said...

I'm sorry for your daughter's disappointment. Sometimes I think we moms feel it as keenly as our children. But you are right -valuable lessons are learned in times of disappointment.

Kim said...

Oh, I like what you have posted today! This post WAS a divine appointment for me! Thanks my friend!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

GReat post but sure am sorry for your daughter. It's so hard to see our children go through disappointments such as thee. I bet something better is just around the corner for her.

Blessings to you and your daughter!

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

We hurt more for our children than we do for ourselves. Dissappointments happen yet without them we never appreciate the good. I pray it all brightens and become a star instead of a scar. Hugs CML