Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge



I always look forward to Wednesdays and the Hodgepodge!

1. What makes you stand to your feet and cheer?

A touchdown for The University of Texas Longhorns if I'm at a football game.

2. What's your favorite patriotic song?

This is a hard one. I LOVE patriotic music. I like a lot of them for a lot of different reasons but it's hard to beat Stars and Stripes Forever!

3. Do you believe that opposites attract? If you have a significant other are you opposites?

I think that is true many times; we subconsciously look for what we lack. My man and I are opposite in many ways.

4. You're going to get a behind the scenes look someplace...where would you like that someplace to be?

A Broadway show.

5. How far would you have to travel to ride a carousel (merry-go-round)?

Only about three hours. There's a really nice old-fashioned one at a mall in Houston. It even has two levels. My girl loves it.

6. When was the last time you saw fireworks? What was the occasion? Do you enjoy fireworks?

I love fireworks. We don't generally go, though, because the crowds and traffic are such a pain. And we live outside the city limits where folks set off some pretty spectacular ones of their own, so we sometimes get a good show just sitting on our driveway! We did see some a couple of years ago but for the life of me I can't remember where or when it was.

Sadly, we are in such a horrific drought that all fireworks have been banned and even the big shows put on by the city of Austin and the surrounding towns have been canceled.

7. Of all the 'beauty products' you own, what item do you consider to be the most overpriced?

I've always thought foundation is ridiculously expensive. I just switched to a mineral powder foundation and it seems to be much more reasonable.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I love to read. (Surprise, surprise!) The books to be read for reviews and to prepare for my interviews in Atlanta (coming up in TEN DAYS!!) beckon to me. And then the other day I realized that this is the year my nursing license renewal requires me to submit proof of continuing education, and so another book was ordered. It's not nearly as enticing!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

12 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, I'm always amazed how different things are. We've been swamped with rain. Not floods at least not where I am but I got soaked last Friday and it's raining now and will storm tomorrow. I'd gladly give you our rain if I could.

Unknown said...

Ooh - I forgot about Stars and Stripes Forever! Good one!!! Have a good 4th, even if it's without fireworks :-(

Sheena said...

I actually went behind the scenes at The Lion King after it opened. AMAZING! If you ever get a chance to see the behind the scenes operation of a Broadway performance you will be blown away!

Happy 4th!

Joyce said...

I like your behind the scenes answer...I'd love that too. Happy 4th!

Cathy said...

I wish we could send some of our rain your way, but I know in a month or so we'll probably be ultra dry here too. Hope you enjoy all your books and what's up with the interviews in Atlanta? Did you tell us about that and I missed it?

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm so sorry that you won't get to have fireworks this year. Enjoy all those books!

Mocha with Linda said...

Cathy,

I shared about my upcoming trip to Atlanta here. I can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

I switched to mineral makeup several years ago and just love it. I think it is a little pricey, but I have found the cost so worth it!

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers. I know you are getting excited about Atlanta, that will be so cool. My daughter was telling me as of right now they cannot have fireworks in Arkansas either. Enjoy your books!
Thanks for remembering my daughter!
until next time... nel

Angie said...

Love football myself!

Too bad Texas will miss out on the fireworks this year. Bummer.

A Broadway show would be interesting!

Happy 4th and happy reading!

Lisa Spence said...

I love patriotic songs too--it's in my blood. My grandmother was a fierce patriot, and no wonder: her dad served in WWI, her husband in WWII, her son in Vietnam.

I pay way too much for my powder, interestingly enough, though I buy drugstore foundation. :)

LynnMarie said...

I would love to send you some of our rain. We've had lots and lots.