Saturday, January 22, 2011

TSMSS - A Look Back


I can't believe I didn't think to post this song yesterday for Flashback Friday's post about inventions and technology from my childhood! Although many of the items referred to are from the fifties, which was just before I was born, some lingered into the sixties and I do remember those things. One of those is pedal pushers; I never liked them and when capris first came into fashion a few years back, I vowed I would never wear them! I thought they were just pedal pushers renamed. I eventually softened, but there are still other things from the sixties that have come back that I didn't like the first time around and still don't care for it this time, either!

I've always thought this was one of the Statler Brothers' most fun songs.


As fun as it is to look back with nostalgia on toys and technology and other memorabilia, nothing compares with the precious memories of faith and family. The song Precious Memories itself is a precious memory from my childhood! Here is a beautiful version of this classic sung by Cynthia Clawson way back in the mid-eighties.



Be sure to visit Amy's for more songs!

Photobucket

View blog reactions

3 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Linda, I remember far too many of all that was on that video with the Statler Brothers. LOL. I used to wear pedal pushers. My mom bought them and so I wore them. And Cynthia Clawson has a beautiful voice. I haven't heard her sing in some time so I enjoyed this.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Michelle said...

This was a fun post.
I enjoyed both.

Hope your having a wonderful weekend.

Mindy said...

Loved both of these! I remember a lot of those things from the first video too, but that second one was such a blessing today!